- Όνομα: Τζιαμπίρης Αριστοτέλης
- Βαθμίδα: Καθηγητής
- Τομέας: Διεθνείς Σχέσεις με έμφαση στις Βαλκανικές και Μεσογειακές Σχέσεις
- Γραφείο: 403 (Ανδρούτσου 150)
- Tηλ.: +30.210-414-2733
BioDr. Aristotle Tziampiris is Professor of International Relations and Chair of the Department of International and European Studies of the University of Piraeus. He is also Standing Fellow at New York University's Remarque Institute and Academic Advisor to the Hellenic American Leadership Council (HALC). Dr Tziampiris was Visiting Fellow at New York University (The Remarque Institute) during 2013-2014, Visiting Scholar at Columbia University (The Harriman Institute) during 2009, Director of the Center of International and European Affairs at the University of Piraeus (2012-2013), a member of the Scientific Board of the Institute of Defence Analyses (IAA-Athens, Greece, 2004-2009) and IAA's Board of Directors (September 2005-June 2006), as well as former Research Associate at the Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP-Athens, Greece, 2000-2008). He is the author of The Emergence of Israeli-Greek Cooperation (Springer, 2015); Faith and Reason of State: Lessons from Early Modern Europe and Cardinal Richelieu (Nova Science, 2009); Kosovo’s Endgame: Sovereignty and Stability in the Western Balkans (IAA, 2006); International Relations and the Macedonian Question (ELIAMEP, 2003) [in Greek]; Greece, European Political Cooperation and the Macedonian Question (Ashgate Press, 2000); co-editor (with Spyridon Litsas) of The Eastern Mediterranean in Transition (Ashgate Press, 2015) and co-editor (with Spyridon Litsas) of Foreign Policy Under Austerity (Macmillan, forthcoming). Dr Tziampiris has published a series of essays primarily on international relations and Greek foreign policy in the Balkans and the Eastern Mediterranean. His op-ed pieces have appeared in various publications and websites, including The New York Times, The Jerusalem Post, The Huffington Post, The Washington Times and the National Interest. He holds PhD and MSc (econ) degrees from the London School of Economics and Political Science and is a graduate (BA) of Middlebury College.
- Σύγχρονη Διεθνής Πολιτική
- Ευρωπαϊκή Πολιτική Ιστορία
- Ειδικά Θέματα Σύγχρονης Διεθνούς Πολιτικής
- Διεθνείς Σχέσεις και Οικονομία της Ανατολικής Μεσογείου και της Νοτιοανατολικής Ευρώπης
- Tziampiris Aristotle. The Emergence of Israeli-Greek Cooperation. (Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2015).
- Tziampiris Aristotle: Faith and Raison of Reason: Lessons from Early Modern Europe and Cardinal Richelieu. New York: Nova Science Press, 2009.
- Tziampiris Aristotle: Kosovo’s Endgame. Sovereignty and Stability in the Western Balkans. Athens: IAA, 2006.
- Tziampiris Aristotle: International Relations and the Macedonian Issue. Athens: ELIAMEP, 2003 (in Greek).
- Tziampiris Aristotle: Greece, European Political Cooperation and the Macedonian Question. Aldershot: Ashgate Press, 2000.
Επιμέλεια Συλλογικού Τόμου:
- Spyridon Litsas and Aristotle Tziampiris (eds.), The Eastern Mediterranean in Transition: Multipolarity, Politics and Power. (Aldershot: Ashgate, 2015).
1. Tziampiris A: In the Shadow of a Long and Glorious History: Understanding Greek Foreign Policy, Mediterranean Quarterly (Vol. 26, No. 2, May/June 2015), pp. 63-79.
2. Tziampiris A: The Israeli-Greek Rapprochement: Stability and Cooperation in the Eastern Mediterranean In Aristotle Tziampiris and Spyridon Litsas (eds.), The Eastern Mediterranean in Transition: Multipolarity, Politics and Power (Aldershot: Ashgate Press, 2015, pp. 239-254.
3. Tziampiris A: Greek Foreign Policy in the Shadow of the Economic Crisis, in Pantelis Sklias and Tzifakis Nikolaos (eds.) Greece's Horizons: Reflecting on the Country's Assets and Capabilities (Berlin, Springer-Verlag and The Konstantinos Karamanlis Institute for Democracy Series on European and International Affairs, 2013). pp. 27-40.
4. Tziampiris A: The Macedonian Name Dispute and European Union Accession, Southeast European and Black Sea Studies, Vol. 12, No. 1, March 2012, pp. 153-171.
5. Tziampiris A: The Kiro Gligorov Era and the Name Dispute, Foreign Affairs Hellenic Edition, Vol. 1, No. 2, February 2012, pp. 21-31 [in Greek].
6. Tziampiris A: Greek Historiography and Slav-Macedonian Identity, The Historical review/La Revue Historique, Vol. VIII, 2011, pp. 215-225.
7. Tziampiris A: Greece and the Macedonian Question: An Assessment of Recent Claims and Criticisms, Southeast European and Black Sea Studies, Vol. 11, No. 1, March 2011, pp. 69-83.
8. Tziampiris A: Greek Foreign Policy and Russia: Political Realignment, Civilizational Aspects and Realism, Mediterranean Quarterly, Vol. 21, No. 2, 2010, pp. 78-89.
9. Tziampiris A: Faith and International Relations, Defensor Pacis, Vol. 24, June 2009, pp. 32-45. Republished in Greek in Geostratigiki, Νο. 18-19, January-February 2010, pp. 124-139.
10. Tziampiris A: Assessing Islamic Terrorism in the Western Balkans: The State of the Debate, Journal of Balkan and Near Eastern Studies, Vol. 11, No. 2, 2009, pp. 209-219.
11. Tziampiris A: Greek Foreign Policy and the Macedonian Name Dispute: From Confrontation to Europeanization? in Anastassakis, O., Bechev, D., Vrousalis, N. (eds.), Greece and the Balkans: Memory, Conflict and Exchange, (Newcastle upon Thyme, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2009), pp. 138-156.
12. Tziampiris A: Greek Foreign Policy With Regard To Kosovo’s Independence, Südost-Europa, Vol. 56, No. 3, 2008, pp. 403-406.
13. Tziampiris A: The European Union, Islam and Turkey: Delineating Europe’s Soft Power in Costantine Arvanitopoulos (ed.), Turkey’s Accession to the European Union: An Unusual Candidacy, Berlin, Springer-Verlag, 2009, pp. 65-74.
14. Tziampiris A:’The New Greek-Russian Rapprochement: Realism or ‘Clash of Civilizations’?”, in Geostratigiki, No. 14 (May-August 2008), pp. 76-96 (in Greek).
15. Tziampiris A: ‘Do Not Trifle With Divinity.’ Euripides’ The Bacchae and Bush’s Foreign Policy, in Defensor Pacis, Vol. 20, (March 2007), pp. 49-59. Republished in Greek as Tziampiris, A: “Religious Faith and International Relations” in Evriviadis, M. L. (ed.), International Politics and Security: From the 20th to the 21st Century, (forthcoming) (in Greek).
16. Tziampiris A: Kosovo’s Final Status and the Issue of Greater Albania, in Defensor Pacis, Vol. 19 (January 2007), pp. 73-80.
17. Tziampiris A: Kosovo in Transition: The Necessity of Pursuing Standards and Final Status in Conference Proceedings: CIIS-IAA Cooperation on Defence Diplomacy, Athens: ΙΑΑ, 2006.
18. Tziampiris A: The European Union and the Macedonian Question, in Ioannis Koliopoulos (editor), Τhe History of Macedonia, Thessaloniki: Museum of the Macedonian Struggle, available at internet site: http://www.imma.edu.gr/imma/history/19.html (in Greek). Republished in English as Tziampiris A. The European Union and the Macedonian Question In Ioannis Koliopoulos (ed.), The History of Macedonia, (Thessaloniki: Museum of the Macedonian Struggle, 2007), pp. 357-374.
19. Tziampiris A: Kosovo’s Future Sovereignty: A Role for the European Union, in Journal of Southeast European and Black Sea Studies, Vol. 5, No. 2 pp. 275-289, May 2005.
20. Veremis Th. And Tziampiris A.: The Balkans’ Hesitant Step in Couloumbis Th. and Dokos Th. (editors), Greece and the World 2003-2004, pp. 33-44. Athens: Papazisis, 2004 (in Greek).
21. Tziampiris A: Greece and the Balkans in the Twentieth Century in Theodore A. Couloumbis, Theodore Kariotis and Fotini Bellou (editors), Greece in the Twentieth Century, pp. 136-151. London: Frank Cass, 2003.
22. Tziampiris A: The Name Issue in FYROM After the Signing of the Interim Accord, in Evangelos Kofos (ed.), Athens-Skopje. The Seven-Years Symbiosis (1995-2002), pp. 265-296, Thessaloniki: Paratiritis, 2003 (in Greek). It has been translated into English in Evangelos Kofos and Vlasis Vlasidis, Athens-Skopje: An Uneasy Symbiosis, pp. 225-252, Athens: ELIAMEP, 2005.
23. Tziampiris A: Weak States, Organized Crime, Corruption and the Euro-Atlantic Future of the Western Balkans in Albert Rakipi (editor), Debating Integration, pp. 117-125, Tirana: Albanian Institute for International Studies, 2003.
24. Tziampiris A: The Impact of the Kosovo Conflict and 9/11 on Greek-American Perceptions and Misperceptions, Balkan Studies, Vol. 44. No. 2, 2003.
25. Tziampiris A: International Relations in Greece: Convergence, Influence and Perspectives in Couloumbis Th., Dokos Th. and Kintis A. (editors), Greece and the World 2002-2003, pp. 267-278, Athens: Paratiritis, 2003 (in Greek).
26. Tziampiris A: Greek Foreign Policy and the Macedonian Issue, 1991-2002: From Confrontation to Cooperation in Tsakonas P. (ed.), Contemporary Greek Foreign Policy, pp. 465-488, Athens: I. Sideris, 2003 (in Greek).
27. Tziampiris A: The Realism of the New Greek Foreign Policy towards FYROM, Exoterika Themata, No. 7, pp. 119-127, Οctober 2002 (in Greek).
28. Couloumbis T. and Tziampiris A: The End of War in the Balkan in Defensor Pacis, No. 12, pp. 31-40, September 2002. Republished in Millennium III, pp. 73-91, 2002.
29. Tziampiris A: Greece and FYROM: A Partnership for Stability in Southeastern Europe? in Dimitri A. Sotiropoulos and Thanos Veremis (editors), Is Southeastern Europe Doomed To Instability? pp. 215-225, London: Frank Cass, 2002.
30. Tziampiris A: Progress or Return? Collective Security, Humanitarian Intervention and the Kosovo Conflict in Journal of Southeast European and Black Sea Studies, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 95-114, September 2002.
31. Tziampiris A: US Foreign Policy in the Balkans in Balkan Studies, Vol. 42, Nos. 1&2, pp. 143-155, 2001.
32. Tziampiris A: Towards An Endgame for the Cyprus Issue? Cyprus in the Aftermath of the Helsinki European Council in Hellenic Studies, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 125-144, Spring 2001.
33. Tziampiris A: The Macedonian Question as Linguistic Struggle in Journal of South East European and Black Sea Studies, Vol. 1, Νο. 3, pp. 179-186, September 2001.
34. Tziampiris A: Review Essay on the Origins of the Kosovo Conflict in Journal of South East European and Black Sea Studies, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 152-158, 2001.
35. Tziampiris A: The Future of FYROM and the Role of Greece in Couloumbis Th., Dokos Th. and Kintis A. (editors), Greece and the World 2000-2001, pp. 245-259, Athens: Paratiritis, 2001 (in Greek).
36. Tziampiris A: Greece's Contribution to EPC's Policies Towards Former Yugoslavia, June 1991-January 1992 in Dr. Achileas Mitsos and Dr. Elias Mossialos, (editors), Contemporary Greece and Europe, pp. 401-420, London: LSE European Institute and Ashgate Press, 2000.
37. Veremis Th. and Tziampiris A.: The Consequences of the War in Kosovo in Dokos Th and Pieros Ph. (editors), The Balkans after the Kosovo War, pp. 23- 36, Athens: I. Sideris, 2000 (in Greek).
38. Tziampiris A: The Kosovo Crisis: International and Regional Implications. Defence Analyses Institute, Newsletter No. 29, Section: Yugoslavia, 1999 (in Greek).
39. Tziampiris A: Α Study in Failure? An Examination of the European Community’s Response to the Yugoslav War. MSc. (econ) Dissertation. London School of Economics and Political Science, 1993.
- Authored articles and book reviews on international relations issues that have been published in the following newspapers: “Apogevmatini”, “Ependitis”,"International Herald Tribune" “Kathimerini”, “Kathimerini tis Kiriakis”, “Macedonia”, “Paron”, “Kathimerini English Edition”, “National Herald”, “Tirana Observer, “The Washington Post,” “The Washington Times,” as well as in specialized publications such as “Epalxis,” “Geostratigiki,” “Aimos”, “Metexelixi”, “Liberal View”, “Balkan Insight” “The Bridge” “National Interest Online” and “University Free Press.”
- Comments of mine on contemporary international developments as well as references to my publications have been made in the following newspapers “Apogevmatini”, “To Vima,” “Kiriakatiko Vima,” “Eleftherotypia,”“Ependitis,”“Kathimerini,” “Kosmos tou Ependiti,” “Ethnos,, “The Daily Times,” “Athens Daily News,” "Haaretz." “Infopress” (Kosovo), “International Herald Tribune,” “Koha Ditore” (Kosovo), “Kosova SOT” (Kosovo), “Dvevnik” (FYROM), “Utrinski Vesnik” (FYROM), “The Washington Times” (USA) as well as in various internet websites such as www.antibaro.gr, www.freerepublic.com, www.greekworks.com, www.macedonian-heritage.org, www.makfaxonline.com, www.osservatoriobalcani.org, http://waz.euobserver.com.
- Personal interviews have been published in "The Jerusalem Post" (Israel) "The National Herald" (USA), “Danas” (Serbia), “Utrinski Vesnik” (FYROM), Kathimerini.gr (Greece), University Free Press (Greece), “Deutsche Welle” (US and FYROM branches).
- Letters published in the newspapers “To Vima” and “International Herald Tribune,” as well as in the journals “Washington Monthly” and “The National Interest” (twice).